Saturday, March 21, 2009

Last week's shopping trips *UPDATED WITH PICS*

I apologize for being late on my posts for these shopping trips. We've been busy! and plus the Wal-Mart trip was done earlier today, so technically, not late on that one. :)

We made a trip to Smith's last week and since the sales are over, I will just put what we got and what we spent OOP. 


2 Dole Parfaits
6 American Beauty pasta
5 Betty Crocker potatoes
5 Frosted Mini Wheats Lil' Bites Cereal
4 bag Quaker Quakes Rice Snacks

After all sales/coupons total OOP: $14.94

I had 2 $1 off coupons for the rice snacks, but since they were on sale for .99 before the sale, the register would not accept the coupon. Otherwise, they would have been free. But they weren't and I had to get 2 filler items to complete the sale Smith's was having. Still, .49 for a bag of rice snacks (that my kids love, by the way) is not bad. Now I can use those 2 coupons at Target or Wal-Mart and actually get them for less than .40 a bag. Each bag of pasta was also .49 each and the cereal boxes were .69 each. They did not have the flavor I wanted, so I will go back to exchange the next time I'm at the store.



We had to go to Target for cat litter, which I tried to print a $1 off coupon for, but for some reason, my printer was unplugged and it lost the connection for the print. Since online coupons can only be printed twice usually, I couldn't try again because it said I had printed the max 2. Oh well... I had other coupons so we got:

2 Pledge multi-surface furniture wipes $3.74 each
- $1.00 off Target coupon 
Chips Ahoy (spur-of-the-moment buy) $2.00
2 Archer Farms bread loaves .99 each
-$1.00 off Target coupon
2 6-packs Mott's Applesauce (yes, more!) $1.69
- $1.00 Target coupon
- .55 off Printable coupon
bananas $1.46
cat litter $7.44
easter basket $9.99
easter basket $7.99

Total OOP: $31.76
Considering that the total of the 2 easter baskets = $17.98, 
and the litter was $7.44, 
we got all the other stuff for $6.34. 
The cost of the 2 Pledge wipes retail is: $7.48. 
So to me, that's like getting 2.5 lbs of bananas, 2 packs of applesauce, 2 loaves of bread and a pack of cookies for FREE. With $1.14 left over. Does that make sense? 



We also made a trip to Wal-Mart for a few things I had heard would be free or almost free after using certain coupons. This was not the case, but we still made out pretty good, considering my hubby got a Hawaiian print shirt for his friend's wedding (don't ask) for $11 when they were selling for $24 at Smith's Marketplace.

1 Hawaiian print shirt $11
1 Frank's Red-Hot sauce $.87
- .50 off Printable
2 bags Purina cat food $3.98 each
- $3.50 Printable
- $3.50 Printable

Total OOP: $13.66. Stupid shirt. 

All of the Target coupons can be printed multiple times from hotcouponworld.com. This saves you & our planet!
Pics of the Target and Wal-Mart trip will come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment