Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My latest Albertson's trips!


I made a couple different transactions at Albertson's this last week, thanks to the week-long double coupons in this week's ad! I don't have pictures of the Hefty bags, but I was able to get 5 boxes of Hefty quart-size storage bags for FREE!

I'm not sure how my mom got them, but she got a bunch of coupons for $5 off a $40 purchase with your preferred savings card and I was determined to get my subtotal to just above $40, and with coupons get it down to around $10 so I could use my $10 catalina that I got from a previous promotion and it was due to expire today. I accomplished my goal: my subtotal was $40.11 and after coupons, my new subtotal was $9.14! I actually had to buy a pack of gum as a filler item in order to use the $10 catalina, which is can only be used if your subtotal is equal to or more than the amount of the catalina. So I grabbed a pack of $1.29 gum and after my catalina and tax, I paid $1.85 for the following: 

1 pack of gum
4 Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower cleaner (full price: $4.99 each!)
5 Kraft dressings
1 Heinz ketchup
1 20 oz Pepsi (I was thirsty!)
1 bag Kraft shredded mozarella cheese
2 Kraft Cracker Cuts sliced cheese
0.75 lbs bulk mushrooms
TOTAL SAVED: $54.69!

Next, I did these transactions using double coupons and 1 $3 catalina:
2 boxes Wheat Thins
2 Healthy Choice frozen entrees
1 pack of gum (as filler)
Paid OOP: $1.17
Total saved: $16.26

3 Edge Shave Gels (these were completely free with coupons, I only paid tax)
Paid OOP: $0.31
Total saved: $9.57

All in all, I spent OOP $3.33 and saved $80.52! Not bad...

I still have 2 $3 catalinas that expire on June 7. I've already looked at this week's ad (May 27 - June 2) and so far, I'm not really wanting anything special. So I just might wait until the next week after that to use them. And hopefully we will get some more double coupons if Albertson's really loves us ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment